The Lint Center gives opportunities to others to create scholarships within the framework and goals of Lint Center.
All donations and contributions to the Lint Center are allocated solely to the Center’s scholarship funds. All actions and activities by the Lint Center are conducted by unpaid staff and volunteers. The Center is Veteran and minority operated and managed.
Benefits of Scholarship Giving
- Your name or company on tax deductible scholarship.
- Name a scholarship after donor or memorial.
- Your name or company on US webpage with thanks.
- Your opportunity to mentor a scholar and work with a US Charity.
- Help smart innovative scholars to attend college and contribute to National Security and Freedom.
- Build a US relationship for company or family.
- Formal Letter of Appreciation.
- Give back to society and National Security.
Scholarship creation opportunities, as well as financially supporting the perpetuation of existing scholarships, is a top tier priority of the Lint Center. Below you will find information regarding the Center’s funding methodologies and how you can make a positive impact on an emerging leader – today and tomorrow.
- Conventional method: One method of making a difference is donating a lump sum amount to underwrite a scholarship you wish to create. Scholarship creation begins at $500 but the Center welcomes larger donations. Please note your donation will go directly to scholarship recipients. The amount you donate is the amount scholarship applicants will receive – no exceptions.
- Perpetual method: The perpetuity approach is one which will last and will enable the scholarship to continue to give back. The Center is always on the lookout for donations that are large enough to generate interest/income to ensure the scholarship is self-sustaining. The primary purpose of this approach is to make a difference year after year. Such donations will be invested into a Certificate of Deposit (CD) at the market fixed rate of interest. As such, assuming a 5% interest rate on a $10,000 donation will generate approximately $500 annually to fund a scholarship (rates fluctuate). Please note perpetual funds go directly to scholarship recipients. The Lint Center applies every penny earned to the scholarship fund.
- All donations are IRS approved charity donations. All Lint Center for National Security Studies, Inc donations are IRS Approved 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt donations.
- All donations of any size are welcomed and appreciated. The Lint Center strives to give-back and your support is vital to that effort. All donations received go directly to scholarship initiatives.
- Note: Proudly, the Lint Center maintains NO paid employees [all volunteer force], and does not use any donations for administrative cost (The Center’s founders provided seed and start up funds, in addition to initial scholarship awards.)
Donors donations are 100% IRS Approved 501 (c) (3) Tax Exempt donations. This program is offered to help further the educational and career development of Counterintelligence and National Security Workers, their children and scholars of Counterintelligence and National Security and increase global understanding and national security.
Based upon funding availability, a minimum of one scholarship will be awarded per year. The amount and number of the scholarships will be determined by the amount of donated money that is available each year. Scholarship funds are intended for the cost of tuition and fees for classes only. Room and Board will not be funded. Current trends are scholarships are competed in winter and summer with five a year given.
Publish scholar’s papers on National Security at Lint Center for National Security Studies.